The first ABENTEUER FISCHWASSER member companies have already opened and a fishing holiday in Austria is finally possible again. To ensure their safety, all guests need proof that they are not infected with COVID-19 in order to access hotels and restaurants. The rule is: vaccinated, recovered or tested. A comprehensive, free test offer is available for holiday guests.
If you have not yet been vaccinated or have recovered (after a COVID-19 illness), we recommend that you prepare for your trip:
- one day (before) your arrival PCR test to make and
- for the other vacation days in advance Test dates to be agreed and for safety
- some Self-tests to take with you on your journey.
Recognized access certificates:
- Tested : officially recognized negative test results (see below for details).
- Vaccinated : Confirmation of the vaccination status by means of a paper vaccination certificate. The exemption from the test requirement applies from day 22 after the first vaccination and is valid for one year.
- Recovered : a separation notice or a doctor’s confirmation of an infection that occurred in the past six months and has currently expired.
Recognized access tests :
- PCR test: A PCR test evaluated in the laboratory applies 72 hours as an access test.
- Antigen test: An antigen test carried out at an official location (test street, pharmacy, etc.) applies 48 hours as an access test.
- Digital self-test: If a self-test is carried out under digital supervision (via webcam) and stored in an official digital data processing system, this applies 24 hours long as an access test.
- Self test at the hotel: In exceptional cases, a self-test can also be carried out under the supervision of the business premises, but this test is then only valid in a hotel (and not in a restaurant, for example).
Free Trial Offers:
Holiday guests in Austria can have themselves tested for COVID-19 free of charge at the following locations: For more information and advance reservations, go to https://www.oesterreich-testet.at/#/landingPage :
- Trial offer in pharmacies (with e-card)
- Trial offer from resident doctors (with e-card)
- Red Cross test roads (even without an e-card)
- Test offer for community test roads (even without an e-card)
- Test bus (also without e-card)
Further protective measures:
We also ask you to comply with all applicable safety regulations during your trip.
- Registration requirement at check-in at the hotel or restaurant
- MNS mask requirement in public transport and in supermarkets
Entry into Italy
Holiday trips to Italy have been possible since mid-May and you only need proof that you are not infected with COVID-19. A quarantine is no longer planned.
A negative test result is required for entry (currently also from vaccinated and recovered persons), either a PCR test or an antigen text (not older than 48 hours).
It is also necessary to fill out the following digital entry form. https://app.euplf.eu/#/
- Travel safely in Austria in Corona times: Hotel and gastronomy (austria.info)
Current information on entering Austria can be found at the following link from Österreich Werbung: Travel safely in Austria in Corona times: Entry (austria.info)